We are delighted that Bretton Hostel will be open again from 17 July 2020 and we can welcome visitors back after too long a break.
We want you to feel completely relaxed when you come and visit, so we have put some precautionary procedures in place and can reassure you that we are following current government guidance to minimise the impact and risk of COVID-19 during your stay.
For the time being Bretton Hostel will only be available for sole use group bookings from one or two households. We’re very sorry, but we will not be taking bookings from individuals for the foreseeable future.
We have put in place various measures to help protect the health and safety of our visitors and cleaner. These include:
- Completing a risk assessment
- Leaving a minimum of 72 hours between bookings to allow plenty of time for a thorough clean and sanitisation of the hostel using BS EN certified cleaning products
- When two households are staying they will be allocated a separate shower/washroom for each household
- Visitors are asked to bring their own pillows and bedlinen/sleeping bags to help reduce the risk of spreading any virus through changing bedding and laundering. Duvets will be available if required.
- Group sizes will be limited to 12 to ensure there is sufficient space for 2 households to be able to socially distance in the communal rooms.
- A number of non-essential items have been temporarily removed, like books and jigsaw puzzles etc to help reduce the risk of cross-contamination on hard to clean objects. Sorry if the hostel looks less cosy than normal! You are of course welcome to bring your own.
- We have also decided to remove most kitchen basics which would normally be available for guests such as salt, pepper, tea, coffee, kitchen towel etc. We do provide washing up liquid, tea towels and toilet roll. We also provide liquid hand washing soap, but not hand sanitiser. Visitors may want to bring their own supplies of both and should, in any event, bring their own wash towels
During this phase of lockdown, two bedrooms will be available – Eyam Edge, which sleeps 6 and Bretton Clough, which sleeps 8.
Because we anticipate that groups from 1 or 2 households will either be family groups and/or smaller than our usual size of sole use groups, our pricing structure has temporarily changed. Please email email@example.com or phone Clare on 07792385134 for more details.
We hope this will reassure you that we are taking all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of Covid-19 being present at Bretton Hostel.
What we ask from you, the visitor
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be aware of the government guidance on travelling to, and gatherings in, self-catering accommodation and the guidance on what to do if you develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay. When you make a booking, you are agreeing to keep to the relevant government guidance in place at the time of your stay.
Please do not travel if anyone in your group feels unwell or has any Covid-19 symptoms: cough, fever, loss of smell and/or taste. If this is the case, please contact Clare on 07792385134 to discuss your options.
When there are 2 households staying, we ask both households to maintain social distancing within the hostel at all times. Please also help to keep our wider community safe and remember to socially distance when out and about in the area.
And finally…. but of equal importance, we ask that you enjoy your visit, stay safe and alert, and delight in all the opportunities that are available to you in this wonderful part of the Peak District.