Bretton Hostel is open and available for sole use group bookings throughout the week. There is some limited availability for small group bookings (3 or more people) on Monday – Wednesday nights. In all cases there is a minimum stay of 2 nights. We’re very sorry, but we will not be taking bookings from individuals for the foreseeable future. Please email email@example.com or phone Clare on 07792385134 for more details.
We want you to feel completely relaxed when you come and visit, so we can reassure you that we are following government advice to minimise the impact and risk of COVID-19 during your stay. We have put in place various measures to help protect the health and safety of our visitors and cleaner which include:
- Completing a risk assessment.
- Allowing plenty of time between bookings for a thorough clean and sanitisation of the hostel, using BS EN certified cleaning products.
- There are two showers and washrooms in the hostel. If your group is made up of more than two households this means you will have to share these facilities with people outside your household and you will need to be extra careful to maintain excellent hygiene. Cleaning materials will be provided in each washroom and we ask that you use these regularly to help keep each other safe during your stay.
- A number of non-essential items have been temporarily removed, like books and jigsaw puzzles etc to help reduce the risk of cross-contamination on hard to clean objects. Sorry if the hostel looks less cosy than normal! You are of course welcome to bring your own.
- We have also decided to remove most kitchen basics which would normally be available for guests such as salt, pepper, tea, coffee, kitchen towel etc. We do provide washing up liquid, tea towels and toilet roll. We also provide liquid hand washing soap, but not hand sanitiser. Visitors may want to bring their own supplies of both and should, in any event, bring their own wash towels.
We hope this will reassure you that we are taking all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of Covid-19 being present at Bretton Hostel.
What we ask from you, the visitor
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be aware of the government guidance on travelling to, and gatherings in, self-catering accommodation and the guidance on what to do if you develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay. When you make a booking, you are agreeing to keep to the relevant government guidance in place at the time of your stay. Please do not travel if you or anyone in your household feels unwell or has any Covid-19 symptoms: cough, fever, loss of smell and/or taste or has been required to self-isolate. If this is the case, please contact Clare on 07792385134 as soon as possible. If there is more than one household staying, it is advisable to maintain social distancing between your households and to keep the hostel well ventilated. Please also help to keep our wider community safe when out and about in the area. And finally…. but of equal importance, we ask that you enjoy your visit, stay safe and alert, and delight in all the opportunities that are available to you in this wonderful part of the Peak District.
Cancellations related to Covid-19
We sincerely hope that your booking will be able to go ahead, but if you, or we, find there is no alternative but to cancel it due to Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time, the following terms apply:
- If, at the time of your visit, the government has imposed a Covid-19 legal restriction and the hostel is required to close, you can either transfer your booking to another date within 12 months of the date of your original visit or request a refund (less a £20.00 administration fee).
- If, at the time of your visit, the government has imposed a legal restriction that limits the number of people allowed to stay together and this is less than the total number you had booked for, then you can either continue with your booking with a discount in price to reflect the reduced number of people staying or transfer your booking to another date within 12 months of your original visit.
- If, at the time of your visit, you cannot travel because you have tested positive for Covid-19: There are several holiday insurance packages that cover you for circumstances when either you or the people you are travelling with have been diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of your arrival date. In these circumstances the standard cancellation terms (see Terms and Conditions) will apply.